The most reliable resource to maximize use of your ICD-9-CM diagnosis coding manual
Organized into chapters that mirror an ICD-9-CM manual, the Home Care Coding Resource Guide for ICD-9-CM & Workbook, 2011 it is packed with tools to sharpen your critical thinking skills and improve your understanding of how and why to code to stay in compliance, gain appropriate reimbursement and develop your coding skills.
Each chapter contains tips, decision trees, coding guidelines and detailed strategies to ensure coding accuracy.
Ensure your agency submits accurate diagnosis coding for correct reimbursement while developing your teams’ coding skills and competencies.
Use this guide to:
- Increase accurate assignment of primary and secondary diagnoses codes
- Improve understanding of sequencing and how that impacts correct coding and reimbursement
- Simplify the code assignment process using Volume 1 and Volume 2 of ICD-9-CM
- Boost your knowledge and understanding of common home care conditions
- Clarify complex issues regarding OASIS diagnosis fields
- NEW! Get fully updated on the 2011 new codes
- NEW! Have access to coding scenarios for hands-on coding – get it right the first time, and every time
- Get an introduction to ICD-10
Endorsed by the Board of Medical Specialty Coding (BMSC), the Home Care Coding Resource Guide for ICD-9-CM & Workbook, 2011 and accompanying workbook is an educational resource for home health agency coding professionals and a BMSC-approved professional review and study resource for the Home Care Coding Specialist-Diagnosis (HCS-D) Certification Exam!
Master the rationale behind frequently billed diagnosis codes, sharpen your coding skills and prepare for the HCS-D exam with practice exercises, challenging scenarios, must-know medical terminology and more!