Professional Products for the professional coder ICD-9-CM reference by Carol J. Buck
Code quickly and effectively with AMA's ICD-9-CM 2012 Professional Edition for Physicians, Volumes 1 and 2 codebook. The enhanced 2013 edition delivers access to important coding and reimbursement information with informative symbols throughout.
Design improvements for increased functionality include lighter weight paper, new dictionary style headings and more intuitive use of color throughout. Combining the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCR) with a format designed for coding excellence, this codebook helps you easily access the information you need to stay up-to-date and ensure the most accurate billing for the physician practice.
- Exclusive! Full-color Frank Netter anatomical plates—provide a complete visual understanding of the anatomical structures described within ICD-9-CM codes
- "Coding Tips and Notes" boxes—define terms and provide additional coding instruction to aid in understanding difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category
- Latest OCGR—includes current critical coding rules listed within the codes for an instant reference
- Companion Web site—features access to the latest updates, ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM crosswalk (New for 2012!), MS-DRG information, plus coding tips and links to other coding sites
- Full-color coding tables—ease eye strain and enhance your understanding of diseases and conditions, and specific coding categories
Key features include:
- More than 200 code-specific color photographs and illustrations found next to each disease—help you code more efficiently and accurately
- "Guide to 2013 Updates" section—provides an at-a-glance listing of all new, revised and deleted codes to help reduce denied claims due to outdated codes
- List of three-digit categories and codes—quickly shows if a code is valid for claims submission
- Color-coded annotations—highlight codes that require additional considerations, enhance your understanding of terminology and clarify important coding criteria for various diseases and conditions
- Disease explanations—ensure that you have the correct code, highlighted symbol for "Code to Condition"
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic for ICD-9-CM® references—found throughout resource with applicable codes
- Spiral and softbound formats with full-color bleeds—enable easy access to each section
- Apple-flap spine on spiralbound—makes shelving recognition and bookmark capabilities easier
- Classification of drugs by American Hospital Formulary Service (AHFS)—provides the ICD-9-CM diagnosis code for each AHFS list