An essential coding, billing and reimbursement resource for chiropractic services. Created for chiropractors and their offices, the Coding and Payment Guide for Chiropractic Services integrates coding and clinical information to help you code frequently performed chiropractic procedures more efficiently, precisely, and confidently. This guide is your one-stop coding, billing, and documentation guide. It includes the latest specialty-specific ICD-9-CM, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® code sets along with Medicare payer information, CCI edits, helpful code descriptions, and clinical definitions.
- Review only the chiropractic codes needed. Just the ICD-9-CM, HCPCS Level II and CPT® codes specific to chiropractic procedures are provided, all on one page, for increased efficiency.
- Enhance understanding of chiropractic procedures. CPT® code lay descriptions provide easy-to-understand explanations of frequently coded services in simple terms.
- Provide consistency in charges allocated. Relative value units (RVUs) for CPT® codes can be used to calculate fee schedules.
- Learn how to select the best ICD-9-CM code. ICD-9-CM codes that require special attention are marked so users can choose the most appropriate code.
- Determine what Medicare policies affect chiropractic coding. Medicare Pub 100 Manual references are crosswalked to corresponding CPT® codes.
- Examine current coding guidelines. CPT® and HCPCS Level II definitions and guidelines provide clarification and explanation.