A comprehensive, illustrated guide to coding and reimbursement. Simplify the coding process with this one-stop resource developed exclusively for those who code for pediatrics. The Coding Companion® for Pediatrics includes 2011 CPT® and ICD-9-CM code sets specific to your specialty in a quick-find, single-page format that includes the official description and a detailed illustration for each code. Each page also features other relevant information to help your staff find the correct codes, including lay descriptions, coding tips, terminology, cross coding, and national Medicare relative value units.
- Find information faster. Essential procedures for pediatrics are listed by CPT® code, along with crosswalks to ICD-9-CM diagnosis and anesthesia codes.
- Determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. The Coding Companion® for Pediatrics features national Medicare relative value units for surgery codes and most diagnostic procedures.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information provides the specifics about Pub. 100 guidelines, follow-up days, and assistant-at-surgery claims.
- Streamline your process by using our illustrated, one-page format. Organized by CPT® code, all the information you need is on one illustrated page that includes thorough lay descriptions of procedures, definitions of clinical and procedure terms, and coding tips, as well as cross coding, Medicare RVUs, and Pub. 100 references.
- E-mail notification of Quarterly CCI edit updates.