An essential coding, billing, and reimbursement resource for dental services. This one-stop coding, documentation, and reimbursement resource was developed exclusively for dentists and dental offices to help users code common dental procedures with greater efficiency, precision, and confidence. It includes chapters on claims processing, reimbursement, billing and fee setting, and documentation advice, along with definitions and guidelines for using the most current ICD-9-CM, HCPCS Level II, CDT-2011 codes, and unlike other publications, also includes CPT® codes pertinent to dental providers.
- Find the code information you need quickly. Comprehensive CDT-2011, CPT®, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Level II code sets, specific to dental services, are presented in a one-page format.
- Report your services with the codes required by payers. Includes definitions and guidelines for CPT® codes that are required by many third-party payers that cannot be found in other dental resources.
- Thoroughly grasp common dental procedures. Clear descriptions of CDT-2011 codes make understanding dental procedures easier.
- Prevent claim denials due to billing confusion. Consult instructions for completing CMS-1500 and ADA billing forms.
- Refer to a list of the most commonly used ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes to aid in code selection.
- Review Medicare policies that affect coding for dental services. Medicare Pub 100 manual references are linked to CDT-2011 codes.
- See the most commonly used abbreviations. Terms to know and definitions associated with dental services help explain a patient’s record and help answer your questions without delay.