Accurately report supplies and services for physician, hospital outpatient, and ASC settings with the compact Ingenix HCPCS Level II Expert. Be prepared for several changes on January 1, 2011, with updated, comprehensive information for the HCPCS code set in a reference that focuses on management of reimbursement. This user-friendly book will guide any coder confidently through current modifiers, code changes, additions, and deletions with information as dictated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve accuracy of claims by ensuring compliance with the CMS program through easy access to codes and their associated MUE units.
- National Average Payment tables. Access information to improve claim accuracy and ensure proper reimbursement.
- Expanded index. Ease code look-up with additional ways to locate codes.
- Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of HCPCS codes to improve coding accuracy.
- Special appendixes. Get additional information with appendixes for the National Average Payment table for HCPCS and MUEs; also includes an appendix with a deleted codes crosswalk.
- Most complete HCPCS code set available. Find information on codes from every source that generates HCPCS codes, including CMS, OPPS addendum B, and the physician fee schedule.
- Table of Drugs. Locate both generic and brand-name drugs and their corresponding codes based on the amount and route of administration.
Includes all Ingenix hallmark features:
- PQRI icons. Recognize potential for Medicare quality reporting bonus payments with icons denoting which HCPCS codes fall under the Physician Quality Reporting Initiative.
- Comprehensive code updates. Access all 2010 HCPCS, MPFS, and OPPS files for HCPCS Level II, as well as deleted codes.
- APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols. Determine which codes are payable under OPPS, which codes enable billing using ASC groupings, and how to accurately use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
- DMEPOS icon. Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.
- In-depth illustrations. Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with detailed visual references.
- AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS references. Receive added support with articles on difficult-to-code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.
- Color-coded bars and icons. Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied claims with informative flags signaling Pub. 100 references, age and gender edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes, and government coverage and rules for each code.
- User-friendly appendixes. Navigate additional information easily with structured references and excerpts, including the National Coverage Manual and other Pub. 100 references.