Help increase accuracy of supplies and services reporting for physician, hospital outpatient, and ASC settings with the HCPCS Level II Professional. Be prepared for upcoming changes with updated information for the HCPCS code set in a reference that focuses on management of reimbursement. Organized to enhance coding capability without added complexity, this user-friendly book provides coders with a reference to increase efficiency and reduce workload by helping them locate the right code the first time. Includes all the hallmark features:
- PQRI icons. Recognize potential for Medicare quality reporting bonus payments with icons denoting which HCPCS codes fall under the Physician Quality Reporting Initiative.
- Comprehensive code updates. Access all 2010 HCPCS, MPFS, and OPPS files for HCPCS Level II, as well as deleted codes.
- APC status indicators and ASC designation symbols. Determine which codes are payable under OPPS, which codes enable billing using ASC groupings, and how to accurately use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
- DMEPOS icon. Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.
- In-depth illustrations. Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with detailed visual references.
- AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS references. Receive added support with articles on difficult-to-code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.
- Color-coded bars and icons. Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied claims with informative flags signaling Pub. 100 references, age and gender edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes, and government coverage and rules for each code.
- User-friendly appendixes. Navigate additional information easily with structured references and excerpts, including the National Coverage Manual and other Pub. 100 references.
- Most complete HCPCS code set available. Find information on codes from sources that generates HCPCS codes, including CMS, OPPS addendum B, and the physician fee schedule.