The comprehensive resource that addresses the specific challenges of diagnosis coding for the Home Health Agency—the ICD-9-CM Expert for Home Health. Loaded with innovative features and content, this resource helps you comply with HIPAA code set regulations in a format that facilitates more precise and accurate coding.
- Code range, snap-in tab dividers. Turn to the code you need more quickly and easily.
- Highlighted Coding Informational Notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Chapter Coding Insights. Get tips on coding conventions and guidelines for every chapter with case scenarios—including OASIS code assignment tips.
- Color Coding and Symbols Specific to the Home Health PPS. Identify coding and reimbursement issues specific to home health quickly for improved coding accuracy and work efficiency.
- Notations for Diagnoses that Group to Clinical Dimension. Expedite identification of diagnoses that group a patient to expanded clinical dimensions case mix groups to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Non-Routine Supply (NRS) Diagnosis Alert. Every condition that may qualify to receive nonroutine supply reimbursement adjustment is identified.
- Manifestation Code Alert. Properly use codes that represent manifestations of underlying disease by knowing when two codes are required and alerts to sequencing rules.
- Clinical Dimensions Case-mix Group Lists.
- Other and Unspecified Code Alerts. Find official coding guidance that suggests home health agencies avoid using diagnoses that are unspecified or vague.
- ICD-9-CM Code Changes: An Insider’s View. Find detailed, chapter-by-chapter clinical and coding tips for new codes for training at your finger tips all year.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic and Official Coding Guideline tips. Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every healthcare setting must follow for ICD-9-CM and find official coding tips with the codes.
- ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- Coding instructional note alerts. Avoid missing important ICD-9-CM coding instruction critical to accurate coding.
- Medicare Home Health Manual Chapter 7. Improve overall coverage decisions with quick access to coverage information and qualifications for home health services.
- Updated Excerpts from the Home Health Prospective Payment System Final Rule. Forecast revenue more proficiently with increased understanding of the prospective payment system and how it will affect overall reimbursement for home health services.
- Case Mix Adjustment Variables and Scores Table. Access a quick reference for the three dimensions of case mix.
- Selection and Assignement of OASIS Diagnosis Tutorial. Receive instructions that include easy-to-follow flow diagrams for selecting the appropriate primary and secondary diagnoses.
- Diagnosis Categories for Nonroutine Supplies Case Mix Adjustment Table. Refer to a listing of the main categories with ICD-9-CM codes, manifestation alert, and short code description for quick reference.
- FREE — Case Mix Quick Pick Fast Finder for Home Health, Skilled Nursing Facilities, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities, and Hospices. Have a quick reference list of codes at your fingertips that impact a case’s mix.
Plus, all the hallmark features and content found in our Hospital editions, including:
- Additional digit required symbols. Pinpoint when an additional 4th or 5th digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, QuickflipTM color bleed tabs, and legend keys.