ICD-9-CM Professional for Physicians softbound edition provides accurate and comprehensive coverage for diagnosis coding and reimbursement. Loaded with innovative features and content to address regulatory changes and coding challenges, Optum experts study industry changes and trends while seeking feedback from coding professionals to ensure your code book provides accurate and up-to-date information in an easy-to-use, intuitive format. Remain a step ahead with a resource that’s designed to enhance performance in your daily work.
Features and benefits
Hallmark features of ICD-9-CM for Physicians, Volumes 1 & 2
- Highlighted coding instructional and informational notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify critical coding and reimbursement issues quickly with alerts on the same page as the code you need.
- Instructional and informational note alerts. Find coding notes clearly designated for enhanced emphasis and coding accuracy.
- Additional digit required symbols. Know when an additional fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- V-code symbols. Understand the appropriate use of V-codes that may only be sequenced as first-listed diagnosis for cleaner claim submissions.
- Manifestation code alert. Properly use codes that represent manifestations of underlying disease by knowing when two codes are required and alerts to sequencing rules
- Age and sex edits. Be aware of which codes have restrictions on use based on age or sex of the patient to prevent claim delays and denials.
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, QuickflipTM color bleed tabs, and legend keys.
- HIPAA compliance. Avoid delayed or denied claims and costly fines for violations.
- ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips.Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every health care setting must follow for ICD-9-CM and find official coding tips with the codes.
- llustrations and definitions. Gain in-depth understanding of anatomy and disease processes in relation to coding with clinically-oriented definitions and illustrations.