A new look for 2011. Now enhanced with a new, bolder font to improve readability—the Ingenix ICD-9-CM for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities, and Hospices helps ensure you stay current with a comprehensive resource designed specifically to address the challenges of SNF, IRF, and hospice services. Loaded with innovative features and content to address regulatory changes and challenges, this resource incorporates critical coding and reimbursement edit alerts designed specifically for these types of facilities for increased coding precision and efficiency.
- Code range, snap-in tab dividers. Turn to the code you need quickly and easily.
- Expanded postacute coverage. Get essential coding and reimbursement edits and resources specifically for skilled nursing facilities (SNF), inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRF), and hospices.
Exclusive skilled nursing facility features:
- Code of Federal Regulations 42CFR Parts; Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs). Strengthen reporting and reimbursement by understanding patient classification groups of the new skilled nursing facility (SNF) prospective payment system (PPS).
- Color-coding for RUG classification. Know the ICD-9-CM diagnosis and procedure codes that may qualify a SNF patient for assignment to particular clinical category for accurate claim submission under the new reimbursement system.
- Official coding guidelines specific to long-term care facilities. Ensure compliance with detailed coding guidance.
Exclusive hospice services features:
- Guidelines for Medicare non-cancer hospice coverage. Understand criteria for a non-cancer patient to be eligible for hospice care to reduce delays and denials of claim submissions.
- Color-coding for hospice non-cancer diagnosis codes. Know at a glance which diagnosis codes qualify a non-cancer patient for hospice care.
Exclusive inpatient rehabilitation facilities features:
- Color-coding for CMG classification system. Ensure accurate claim submission by knowing the ICD-9-CM diagnosis that may qualify an IRF patient for assignment to a particular impairment group (RIC) under the reimbursement system.
- Symbol alerts for CC conditions. Identify when to report a CC when the condition will impact CMG payment.
- RIC Exclusion alert. Know when certain comorbid and complication diagnoses are excluded as qualifying secondary conditions for specific RICs.
- Excerpts from the IRF Prospective Payment System Final Rule. Enhance revenue forecasting by understanding the prospective payment system and how it will affect overall reimbursement of home health services.
- Rehabilitation impairment group list. Get a quick reference to all RICs and the diagnosis code grouped to each.
- List of RIC comorbid conditions. Use as a quick reference for all diagnosis codes that are qualify for payment adjustments along with any specific RIC exclusions.
Plus, all the hallmark features and content of our Hospital editions, including:
- Highlighted coding informational notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- ICD-9-CM Code Changes: An Insider’s View. Find detailed, chapter-by-chapter clinical and coding tips for new 2011 codes in a single resource.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips. Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every healthcare setting must follow for ICD-9-CM and find official coding tips with the codes.
- ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify critical coding and reimbursement issues specific to skilled nursing, inpatient rehabilitation, and hospices with alerts on the same page as the code you need.
- Coding instructional note alerts. Avoid missing important ICD-9-CM coding instruction critical to accurate coding.
- E-mail alerts for special reports. Stay current on the latest regulatory and ICD-9-CM code changes via electronic notification when new, crucial information posts to the Ingenix website.
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, QuickflipTM color bleed tabs, and legend keys.