A new look for 2011. Now enhanced with a new, bolder font to improve readability, the Ingenix ICD-9-CM Expert for Hospitals, Volumes 1, 2 & 3 continues to provide accurate and comprehensive coverage for diagnosis coding and reimbursement. Loaded with innovative features and content to address regulatory changes and coding challenges, Ingenix experts study industry changes and trends while seeking feedback from our customers and other coding professionals to ensure your code book provides accurate and up-to-date information in an easy-to-use, intuitive format. Remain a step ahead with a resource that’s designed to enhance performance in your daily work.
- Code range, snap-in tab dividers. Turn to the code you need quickly and easily.
- ICD-9-CM Code Changes: An Insider’s View. Find detailed, chapter-by-chapter clinical and coding tips for new 2011 codes in a single resource.
- Present on admission (POA) indicator tutorial with source documentation table. Access additional explanation and examples to help simplify POA, plus official guidelines regarding use of information in the medical record.
- Dx/MDC/DRG list. Enhance overall reimbursement and reduce potential fine risks with information concerning the MDC and MS-DRG that a specific principal Dx group is under in the new MS-DRG system.
- 10 Steps to Correct Coding. Receive step-by-step instruction to improve coding accuracy and more effectively use ICD-9-CM conventions.
- MCC and CC code list. Improve reimbursement through knowledge of which codes are considered MCC (major complications and comorbidities) and CC (complications and comorbidities) that impact MS-DRG assignment.
- Valid three-digit code list. See at a glance whether a code is valid for claim submission to prevent denied claims due to invalid code usage.
- Email alerts for special reports. Stay current on the latest regulatory and ICD-9-CM code changes via electronic notification when new, crucial information posts to the Ingenix website.
Plus, all the hallmark features of our Standard and Professional editions, including:
- Highlighted coding informational notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips. Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every healthcare setting must follow for ICD-9-CM and find official coding tips with the codes.
- ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- Coding instructional note alerts. Avoid missing important ICD-9-CM coding instruction critical to accurate coding.
- Wrong surgery edit. Spot cases in which the wrong surgery was performed and are then exempt from reimbursement.
- Symbols identify MCC and CC conditions Ensure appropriate reimbursement by reporting patient severity correctly. Know when conditions are considered a complication or comorbidity and which are major CCs that impact MS-DRG assignment
- Hospital-acquired condition (HAC) alerts. Know which conditions when not present upon admission will not impact DRG assignment.
- Adjunct procedure code alert. Learn how to properly use ICD-9-CM procedure codes that provide additional information only and cannot be used alone.
- Additional digit required symbols. Know when an additional fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).