A new look for 2011. Now enhanced with a new, bolder font to improve readability, the Ingenix ICD-9-CM Expert for Physicians continues to provide accurate and comprehensive coverage for diagnosis coding and reimbursement. Loaded with innovative features and content to address regulatory changes and coding challenges, Ingenix experts study industry changes and trends while seeking feedback from customers and other coding professionals to ensure your code book provides accurate and up-to-date information in an easy-to-use, intuitive format. Remain a step ahead with a resource that’s designed to enhance performance in your daily work. Exclusive to the Expert edition:
- Code range, snap-in tab dividers. Turn to the code you need quickly and easily.
- ICD-9-CM Code Changes: An Insider’s View. Find detailed, chapter-by-chapter clinical and coding tips for all the new 2011 codes in a single resource.
- Coding tables. Reduce time spent on code selection for complex diagnoses that typically require additional research and steps (includes exclusive table covering Personal/Family history code assignment).
- 10 Steps to Correct Coding. Receive step-by-step instructions to improve coding accuracy and more effectively use ICD-9-CM conventions.
- Valid three-digit code list. See at a glance whether a code is valid for claim submission to prevent denied claims due to invalid code usage.
- E-mail alerts for special reports. Stay current on the latest regulatory and ICD-9-CM code changes via electronic notification when new, crucial information posts to the Ingenix website.
Plus, all the hallmark features of our Standard and Professional editions, including:
- Highlighted coding informational notes. Recognize important code usage guidance for specific sections more easily with highlighted notes.
- Intuitive color-coded symbols and alerts. Identify critical coding and reimbursement issues quickly with alerts on the same page as the code you need.
- AHA’s Coding Clinic and official coding guideline tips. Use citations to link to the official coding advice every coder in every health care setting must follow for ICD-9-CM and find official coding tips with the codes.
- ICD-10 Spotlight. Preview ICD-10 codes with the most frequently reported ICD-9-CM codes to learn as you work.
- Coding instructional note alerts. Avoid missing important ICD-9-CM coding instruction critical to accurate coding.
- Additional digit required symbols. Know when an additional fourth or fifth digit is required for code specificity and validity to avoid invalid code submissions (provided in Index and Tabular Section).
- Hallmark page design and features. Locate information quickly with a user-friendly page design, including dictionary-style headers, QuickflipTM color bleed tabs, and legend keys.