2011 Understanding Modifiers uses actual medical records to outline in detail how to document services and apply the correct modifiers. The book was developed as an educational tool for physicians and their staff as well as billers and coders of hospital outpatient services and ASC services.
- Ingenix Edge—Includes 2011 changes to modifiers and their guidelines.
- Ingenix Edge—Educational format. Easy-to-use format for every experience level, for use in the classroom or on the job.
- Ingenix Edge—World Wide Web resources. Supplies all of the up-to-date links a coder needs to find accurate modifier information online.
- Ingenix Edge—Decision tree flow charts. Helps the coder choose the correct modifier when more than one could apply.
- Ingenix Edge—Real-life clinical examples. Helps reduce claim denials by supplying correctly used modifiers and completed CMS-1500 forms.