Medical Billing Basics offers comprehensive entry-level education for beginning and aspiring coders in the office or classroom. This book is designed to allow the user to understand and master the basic skills needed to be an effective coder.
- Updated code sets. Includes the latest CPT®, HCPCS and ICD-9-CM codes.
- Complete foundation for coding and billing. Broad overview of coding, payers and the reimbursement process for the entry level coder or billing professional.
- Simple coding scenarios. Simple coding scenarios turn the abstract world of medical reimbursement into real case studies.
- Understandable coding basics. Helps users learn basic physician and hospital coding and billing.
- Insurance and payer background. The alphabet soup of the different types of insurance and payers without the confusion.
- Effective supportive material. Illustrations, spot-lit sections and coding scenarios ease understanding and put information into context.
- Developed by coding educators. Designed to help offices grow and their staff prepare for certification and accreditation.